Make the switch to Ascension Rx — get maintenance and specialty medications delivered to your door.
Welcome to Ascension Rx, SmartHealth’s preferred pharmacy.
Ascension Rx benefits include:
- A free copay on your first new, eligible maintenance medication prescription. This excludes specialty medications, members with the high-deductible benefit plan, and medications listed on the Affordable Care Act preventive drug list prescriptions, which are already covered by law.
- Home delivery on these maintenance medications. Members can also fill at a convenient local Ascension Rx pharmacy. Find one here.
- A more coordinated approach to your care.
- Financial assistance to help with the cost of medications.
Please note: Effective August 1, 2022, members can fill or refill prescriptions for qualifying maintenance medications at any retail pharmacy that is part of Cigna’s network, without being responsible for the full out-of-pocket cost.
If you have already switched to Ascension Rx for your maintenance medications, thank you for trusting us with your care. Your prescriptions will continue to be filled through Ascension Rx and the benefit administered by Cigna. You don’t need to do anything at this time.
If you have questions regarding which medications can be filled via home delivery – please refer to the SmartHealth medications list.
Make Ascension Rx your preferred pharmacy for home delivery of medications, here’s how.
Sign up for Ascension Rx home delivery in five easy steps.
1. Fill out this form to start the process with Ascension Rx. We will ask for your contact information and medication allergies. Don’t forget to consent to text messaging in order to receive a notification when your account set up is complete.
2. Contact all your prescribers and ask them to electronically send your prescriptions to Ascension Rx. Ask your provider to send 90-day maintenance and/or specialty medications with additional refills using the following codes:
- For maintenance medications: “Ascension Rx 1001 – Home Delivery”
- For specialty medications: “Ascension RX 1303 – Specialty Pharmacy”
- Your provider may also fax your prescriptions to 833-347-0708
3. Once you’ve received a text message confirming that your account set up is complete, visit rx.ascension.org/addcard to add your credit card details. This step is required!
4. Receive medications delivered to your doorstep.
- We will send maintenance medications in 90-day supplies, if prescription quantity allows*.
- Generic medication will be dispensed when a generic alternative is available.
- For new prescriptions: It can take up to 3 weeks for you to receive your medication in the mail. For new enrollment or prescriptions, you will be contacted within 14 days of the order.
- Note: You will receive a text message when the medication is shipped and when you’re due for a refill.
5. Download the Ascension Rx mobile app for management of your medications and future refills. You will need an Ascension Rx prescription number to use the app. You can find a list of all your prescriptions and their status by visiting rx.ascension.org.
*Excludes drugs prohibited by Texas law.
Still have questions about Ascension Rx or your SmartHealth benefits?
Please view these FAQs.
Ascension Rx operating hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST.