Get maintenance and specialty medications delivered to your door
Welcome to Ascension Rx, the preferred pharmacy for SmartHealth members.
Ascension Rx benefits include:
- 90-day supplies, only available through Ascension Rx home delivery. Many times, you will find that this option is less expensive per pill than 30-day supplies of the same medication.
- A discount on 90-day supplies of over-the-counter medications for heartburn, stomach acid and allergies. For additional details, call 833-Meds-ARx (633-7279).
- Home delivery on maintenance medications. Members can also fill these medications at a convenient local Ascension Rx pharmacy. Find one here.
- A more coordinated approach to your care.
- Financial assistance to help with the cost of medications.
Please note: For outpatient specialty medications, Ascension Rx Specialty Pharmacy is the covered pharmacy for SmartHealth members.
Here’s how to make Ascension Rx your preferred pharmacy for home delivery of medications:
1. Fill out this form to start the process with Ascension Rx. We will ask for your contact information and medication allergies. Don’t forget to consent to text messaging in order to receive a notification when your account set up is complete.
2. Contact all your prescribers and ask them to electronically send your prescriptions to Ascension Rx. Ask your provider to send 90-day maintenance and/or specialty medications with additional refills using the following codes:
- For maintenance medications: “Ascension Rx 1001 – Home Delivery”
- For specialty medications: “Ascension RX 1303 – Specialty Pharmacy”
- Your provider may also fax your prescriptions to 833-347-0798
3. Once you’ve received a text message confirming that your account set up is complete, visit rx.ascension.org/addcard to add your credit card details. This step is required!
4. Receive medications delivered to your doorstep.
- We will send maintenance medications in 90-day supplies, if prescription quantity allows*.
- Generic medication will be dispensed when a generic alternative is available.
- For new prescriptions: It can take up to three weeks for you to receive your medication in the mail. For new enrollment or prescriptions, you will be contacted within 14 days of the order.
Note: You will receive a text message when the medication is shipped and when you’re due for a refill.
5. Download the Ascension Rx mobile app for management of your medications and future refills. You will need an Ascension Rx prescription number to use the app. You can find a list of all your prescriptions and their status by visiting rx.ascension.org.
*Excludes drugs prohibited by Texas law
Still have questions about Ascension Rx or your SmartHealth benefits?
Ascension Rx operating hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST.